Activity 3: Registrars
1. What is being depicted in all three of these scenes? What do they have in common? How are the different?
2. How are African Americans characterized in these cartoons?
3. How are whites depicted in each of the cartoons? Why are some treated sympathetically while others appear malicious?
4. Why might Jennett and Daniels have decided to devote so many different cartoons to the subject of violence against registrars?
5. How might the above cartoons have promoted the adoption of the disfranchisement amendment?